The first stitch of the new year of "Take a Stitch Tuesday" challenge is the Fly Stitch. For directions on how to embroider this stitch, click here (it is a direct link to Sharon B's wonderful stitch dictionary!)
The Fly Stitch is not a stitch I have used ... ever? But is simple and easy to learn. I have done a very quick rendition (as I do not wish to start off running behind this year ....)
I stitched my fly's in green embroidery floss onto a small strip of Aida cloth, so that the fly stitch becomes the leaves and stems for my button flowers. I have been wanting to make a piece of creative button flowers... this is not that piece, but it just enough to further whet my whistle. These are the simplest button flowers I've ever seen -- just a 4-hole button held down with a cross-stitch of embroidery floss.
I plan to add smaller fly stitches -- in black -- to be flitting among the blossoms (flies, bees, any flying bug?) stay tuned -- I will add a photo once I've added the tinier flies.
For more about Take a Stitch Tuesday (TAST), an annual challenge hosted by Sharon B of Pin Tangle fame, click here (it will take you to the beginning of the 2012 TAST Challenge). You are free to jump in now and join the group for a year of fun stitching ....
Thursday, January 5, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I like the button flowers, I like your sampler. Thank your for the share.
Post a Comment