I am running a tad behind, as per my usual,
so without further ado ...
Here is my sampler piece for the 3rd week of
the 2012 Take A Stitch Tuesday (TAST) Challenge.
| the Feather Stitch |
The feather stitch is an embroidery stitch that I know, as it is one I learned back in my youth when I was an eager embroiderer and a happy Girl Scout. The bottom row in gold and the middle row in bright blue are examples of the classic feather stitch. At the top right is a free-form feather stitch 'snowflake' in purple, with a rambling, meandering medium blue semi-free-form feather stitch in the corner. At the top left, the curious shapes (sidewise hearts or fish missing their eyes or ... what do you see?) were inspired by another TAST participant whose version looks more like tessellating fish lips (smoochie smoochie) but you'll have to see her work to believe me! Click here for more feather stitch highlights or here for a view of the fish lips (on Flickr).
For more about Take a Stitch Tuesday (TAST), an annual challenge hosted by Sharon B of Pin Tangle fame, click here
(it will take you to the beginning of the 2012 TAST Challenge). Please join in anytime for a year of fun stitching
....or check back here with me, or with Pin Tangle, or any of the others participating to see where our Tuesday Stitchings have taken us.




2 comments:
You sampler is beautiful. Well Done. Kathy
I love your sampler!
Post a Comment