Deadlines -- sometimes a motivating force, other times a screeching stop, end of energy.
The current deadline I am facing is a motivating force (whew). It is for this year's Art Quilt/Journal Quilt exhibit at our annual IQA Market and Festival here in Houston every October & November. Sadly I can tell you no more at the moment ....
Because:
a) I must finish it first (a sprinkle of beads may be the final touch that remains undone);
b) the rules stipulate that you cannot post photos of your journal piece anywhere .... until after the Houston show, I think;
c) all of the above is true.
So stay tuned, if I get accepted (we'll know by the end of August) I will announce it here. If I get politely declined, then I will be posting a longer piece with photos.
Back to work now ... The deadline (have I mentioned this?) is TOMORROW!
yikes
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I did finish my piece by the deadline... but wouldn't you know that my internet provider went down for two hours (midnight to 2 a.m.) when I was trying to email everything in. Fortunately for me, I could hand deliver the application and photos on the deadline day -- which I did.
Now I must wait to hear if I made the cut ... am I "In" or will I be "Out"? I'm keeping my fingers & toes crossed!
Post a Comment