Saturday, September 6, 2008

My ATC collection begins

Last month I showed you the two ATCs that I had made and mailed off to friends in England. Here are the two that I received in return. They are the beginning of my ATC collection .... so they will always be very special to me.

The first one is made by my friend Carol Taylor, a fiber artist friend to whom Wales is home. She's also our Textile Challenges leader. Carol had made four ATCs which she posted on her blog (here), willing to trade to the first who requested them.
"Industry 3 of 4" features a hot glue gun squiggle, beading and a dash of copper stitched down by hand and machine embroidery.


Even before I finished the ATC I was making in return for Carol (see my post here), I joined one of our Textile Challenge swaps -- a lottery of hand-embroidered ATCs. After we signed up, she matched us randomly with names and stitches. Ati in Norway was matched with French Knots and my name! How fun to receive this international post.

Ati's embroidery is wonderful! She filled the entire surface with french knots stitched with different fibers and lovely colors.


I see a reclining lady in a field of heather, relaxing and loving every bit of it! What do you see?

No comments: