Friday, July 3, 2009

On top of the World

While I have posted very little in recent months, I have actually completed a few new pieces. Here is a detail shot of one ....


I continue to play with the layering of fibers, candy wrappers and sheers onto a felt base, trapping them with an overlay of voile or another sheer fabric, then using more decorative threads and plenty of stitching to hold the varied components together. I have experimented with this method on other pieces, beginning with the arches made for a 2008 Textile Challenges trade and including ATCs, fiber bowls and other items.

The above piece is completed and will be one of many quilts on display in the upcoming Quilt Guild of Greater Houston (QGGH) Quilt Show later this month:

"Houston Undercover - a Quilt Show!"

Thursday, July 23, 2009 6:00 to 8:30 p.m.
Preview Night & Auction

Friday & Saturday, July 24 - 25
10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Admission is only $5.00

location: Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church
11612 Memorial Drive
Houston, Texas 77024
the QGGH website: http://www.qggh.org

Please come to the Quilt Guild of Greater Houston (QGGH) quilt show to see my quilt (especially since digital images do not do ample justice to the finished piece). In case you are unable to wait until then, here is a full view:

Sitting on Top of the World

See you later this month at Houston Undercover!
I plan to be there Friday....

No comments: