I think I'm keeping this one (just like I kept the first one I made. click here to see it).
Then I asked my sons to select two yarns to make scarves for each of them. It's fun to see what their color preferences are ....
Here's one for my oldest.
The colors are a deep burgundy/purple (he was hoping for brown, which I didnot have) in a velour-type yarn and a pale orange in pompom yarn. I got rather creative in getting the pompom yarn to stretch through the length of the scarf. He likes it, does not want me to redo it, but has also said he might not wear it in public!
Then this one is for my taller son.
I love the look of this finished scarf, knit entirely -- no pearling at all. Is that the garter stitch?
These two yarns work up nicely and feel so soft and warm. I may have to make a few more of these ... maybe I will start early on gifts for next year's holiday season.
Hmmmm, in you'd like one of these, be sure to hint nicely what colors you'd like best! I will have to learn what to do with the tail ends of the yarn before I gift any of my handcrafted scarves, though.




No comments:
Post a Comment