Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Big Foot, framed!

Here it is ... my quilt to trade in Another Little Quilt Swap #4  hosted by a friend in the United Kingdom, Kate North.

My original quilt to trade turned out to be too small as per the guidelines posted for this fun swap, so I got creative and built a frame around it ... using slices from another project.  May I present to you ....

Big Foot - Framed

The center of this quilt is "Big Foot, the Foot" from my "Big Foot" journal quilt series which began in April 2007.  Click here to read more about those beginnings.  The frame is made from pieces of "Sitting on Top of the World", whose story is here.  Both quilts are favorites of mine, but I am excited to be swapping this quilt, "Big Foot - Framed", for a new treasure!   This quilt measures just under 15" x 20".

a close-up shot

This detail photo shows the thread stitching and creative fabric piecing and overlays to create the tree and the background landscape.  The flower stalk is a three-dimensional embellishment of flower petals and leaves attached with Sulky threads.

No comments: