Sunday, June 10, 2012

Bubble gum?

Oh the joys of youth ... and summer ... and bubble gum! 

Until 

You step in it - but that's not what I meant to say, rather ...

until 
you sit in it and then...

share it (via your tush)

with the leather car seat! 

Wait, it gets better... 

It is the leather car seat in the new car that your wife drives! 


Fortunately my sweet husband told me of his zany mishap as soon as he returned home.  Apparently he sat in bubble gum when sitting on a curb at the gas station while trying to fill my car's tires with air (could happen to anyone, right?).  After examining the gummy trails all over my driver's seat, my first thought was (...no, not to cry nor to call my Mom but...) to check in with today's Guru Master of all Trivia...

 Yes, I am referring to the Google Search Machine (surely you use it often?).

Typing in "how to remove bubble gum from leather seats?", I was rewarded with several selections....shall I leave you hanging?  ...nah...

First remove as much of the gum as you can with your fingers (in my case, there wasn't much that wasn't squished into the leather, sigh).  Then get out your scotch tape and start plucking the gum off the leather (press and pull).  It worked great.

Who knew that one of the many marvels of Scotch tape (not the Magic tape) is to remove bubble gum from leather?

I actually used clear Scotch Packing tape.  After an afternoon of stick-and-release, I have a gum-free driver's seat once more.
Whew! 

Now I should tackle the chore of freeing the gum off of someone's shorts. Or maybe that can wait for another day..... (any tips on how I should do this?.... ice, right?)

No comments: