Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Satin stitch

I must confess - the satin stitch is not one of my favorite stitches to stitch, as I feel that a machine can embroider this stitch so much prettier (in my humble opinion) than I can.  Of course it could be that the satin stitch works better on fabrics not as loosely woven as the linen in my sample below.

I had fun designing and stitching my little kitty, then played around with filling in the background with geometric patterns.  This is the 14th stitch featured in Take a Stitch Tuesday and you can click here for the original post.


Take a Stitch Tuesday is an annual challenge hosted by Sharon B from her website Pin Tangle. Click here (for the beginning of the 2012 TAST Challenge).   Join in anytime for a year of fun stitching ....or follow the many participants (found in the comment section in each challenge post) to see where our Tuesday Stitchings have taken us....


OR
   
You can follow me on my blog.
Click TAST to see all of my stitch samplers.


If you enjoy embroidery, or wish to learn more about many stitches (from the history to a step-by-step how-to) be sure to peruse Sharon B's Stitch Dictionary.

No comments: