I'm having fun trying out my newest quilty gadget - a Quilt Binding Express tool by June Tailor.
This new gadget aids in ironing the binding strips in half, lengthwise. There are three different width slots (2", 2 1/4" and 2 1/2"). Fold the strip in half, feed it through it's matching slot (I'm using the 2 1/2" one) and press the fold with a hot iron. Continue feeding the fabric through, pressing as you go, until the entire length has been ironed flat. What I like best about this gizmo-gadget is that I do not have scorched fingers!
Note: another cool thing is the printed design along each slot helps you to line up the fabric and keep it folded in half.
Last tip: I purchased mine at my local JoAnn Fabric and Craft store -- with a coupon! Check your local quilt shop too, since it is one handy quilt-y gadget.
Saturday, January 25, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment