I have missed posting on my blog this spring -- guess I was just too busy playing-err-working-&-teaching my Toddler class. It was an awesome group of a dozen little ones with an amazing co-teacher! Such a fun time spent every MWF with them this year .... and meanwhile, at home, I've still been stitching and sewing and creating.
So this is my official jump back into the blogging world.
This quilt has been waiting for a binding to be stitched on to officially complete it for many years. I do not understand why I struggle so with finishing projects (such as this one), but here it is -- the binding is being handstitched into place and I may stitch it once more by machine, just to add to the security of it staying stitched down, as I plan to gift this to a dear friend later this summer. More on that in another post ....
Can you see the peekaboo of one furry critter who likes to be nearby when I am sewing?
I've missed the linky at the beginning of the month (as well as last
month and perhaps the one before that ...) but this is for the final
linky for May in "A Lovely Year of Finishes" even though I did not post my goal at the beginning of the month ... sigh. However, it's never too late to finish something!
Join this monthly challenge group "A Lovely Year of Quilt Finishes" at any time. In the first few days of the month, you post your goal for the month, then in the closing days of that same month, you post your successful completion. It's that simple. To keep it fun, there are prizes awarded randomly - woo-hoo! I am linky #14 on the completion posts (almost got the prime number #13... but missed by seconds....sigh).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Such a pretty quilt, and such a tease to see only a little bit. The quilting is lovely and the fabric colors so dreamy. I hope to see the finish after it is gifted. And, good for you to get back in the saddle with blogging. It gets more daunting when a deadline is missed, but welcome back.
I think you are number 13 now, I had posted twice and asked to have one removed so that made you 13. It is great to get a project done, I am like you and have a bit of trouble with finishing. Great quilt!
Post a Comment