I reached my August goal - hurray!
I have finished Dots for Dolly, my circle dots doll quilt. It was fun to quilt - probably because I did both hand-quilting and machine quilting on this small quilt.
Here is a view of the front side-by-side with the back. These photos were taken during the hand quilting stage. I so enjoyed making this little quilt.
I also made two monster-lizard pencil pouches. This is a free pattern available from my friend Liz. Click here to see the directions and pattern on her blog Fat Chick Quilts, http://www.fatchickquilts.com/.
I made the striped one first in a workshop Liz gave to our Houston Modern Quilt Guild and immediately knew that I had to make one for my friend Chela and her little man grandson Isaac.
These are the three doll quilts that I made especially for Chela... well, specifically for her son's daughters and their American Girl dolls. I hope they love these doll quilts as much as I do.
These two monster pencil pouches reminds me of chatty lizards and you can see the quilting of the circle dot quilt underneath them.
This completes my August goal in A Lovely Year of Finishes too. Click here to find out more about this monthly "can you finish it?" challenge being run by Melissa at Sew BitterSweet Designs (http://blog.sewbittersweetdesigns.com/) or Shanna at Fiber of All Sorts (http://fiberofallsorts.blogspot.com/).
I am Linky #66 in the Goal posting for August (click here to see all that posted goals) and I am Linky #57 in the Finishes posting for August (click here for all who posted finishes)
Monday, August 31, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment