I had experimented with gelatin mono-printing and joined Robin Atkin's Beaded Journal Project about that same time, so I used all three variables and created this:

I began this piece in July of 2007 using one of my mono-prints as its base. I captured the key onto the fabric using only beading-stitches (similar to stitching on a cabochon), then added more beading beyond that. Next came the two laser-cut hearts and I hit a bit of a stall and couldn't quite figure out how to finish the piece. Then in December of 2007, my BTB group held a fiber swap (in lieu of a gift exchange) and one of the pieces I received that day became the perfect final touch with its swirling tangle of a funky fiber. Thank you Mary Ann Littlejohn - it's one of your fibers!
This piece honors the 20th wedding anniversary that I celebrated with my dear husband Ronnie last July 26, 2007 (now you know the secret of the "26"). I have named it "Key to My Heart."
Note: it represents the 2nd of my Beaded Journal pieces, the one for the month of July, of course. I'm currently rather behind with my BJP pieces - but have finished a few, have several others in progress and am slowly, steadily catching up.




14 comments:
Very nice, Cathy. I like how you fastened the key in place. Just keep one like this and you'll be finished in no time.
Arline
Hi Cathy
Welcome to the world of blog-land!
This is a great piece, I can't wait to see what else you have done.
Your blog is terrific and so is your beaded journal page! I am especially fond of old keys and I love what you did with this one.
Kathy V in NM
Your website is great. I especially like the old fashion keys. They remind me of the real keys we used when I lived in Heidelberg, Germany lots of years ago. Dad was in the Army. Love the page - Can't wait to see what's next! Heidibeads
You're doing a great job with your blog and beading. I give you credit for staying with the BJP and working on your pieces. Happy (belated) 26th Anniversary.
You have ARRIVED girl! Now you'll wonder how you ever did without a blog! (Or is that only me)?
I like your page. Good job with beading the key. Yes that fiber swirling around does add to the page.
Great job on the blog and the beading! Congratulations!
Lovely way to celebrate your 20th wedding anniversary with Ronnie. The fibers look like flowers and make it even more romantic. Your blog looks fabulous... hope to be visiting her often and that you'll post pictures of your other finished and in-progress work soon.
Bravo! Robin
Beautiful, Cathy! What a wonderful anniversary celebration!
I love it Cathy especially the way you attached the key, an awesome piece!!
Very lovely Cathy and welcome to blogging :) As a fellow behinder also, welcome to the club lol. And I love the old fashioned key. Awesome.
Trilly
Cathy --
Please email me at kathyvberg@aol.com regarding the PIF message on my blog. I only just found your comment and I am happy you left it!
Kathy V in NM
Oh how lovely is this piece. i love the way you have attatched the key especialy and the mono print is just fab. Clever you!
Keep on bloggin! I liked the key part of your piece. Can't wait to see August's - if you're like me, it may be a while, but keep on keepin on.
Post a Comment