Saturday, December 20, 2008

Cyber Fyber fun!

I've found a new internet inspired Fiber Art show, Cyber Fyber exhibit curated by Susan Lenz in Columbia, South Carolina.


CYBER FYBER is an exhibition of international fiber art scheduled for January 8th through 20th, 2009 at Gallery 80808/Vista Studios, 808 Lady Street in downtown Columbia, South Carolina, USA. The brainchild of Susan Lenz, this exhibit will focus on the supportive, global community of fiber artists with whom Susan regularly shares new techniques, contemporary approaches to textiles, and finished work by Internet websites and blogs. The exhibition will include three primary areas: Fiber ATCs (Artist Trading Cards); fiber postcards; and the work of several invited artists. The exhibition will also include FIBER DAY and ATC trading day. From the beginning, Susan Lenz is documenting CYBER FYBER on a blog/journal.

In Susan's own words:
When I first introduced CYBER FYBER on February 2, 2008 I had 163 Postcards and 130 ATCs. Before this time I'd never made an ATC and had only made seven or eight postcards for a few Internet friends as surprise Christmas presents two months earlier. I honestly thought it would take all year to trade this number but within six weeks all but about six ATCs were gone! I had to make another round of cards! As a result there are 267 postcards and 163 ATCs in CYBER FYBER. Most of the ATCs are gone. There are still postcards left....but WOW....the numbers are staggering!

Intrigued, I had to take a look and found both a postcard and an ATC to trade for. If you are interested in joining this show, take a peek at both the available postcards and the available ATCs. Remember Postcards measure to be 4" x 6" while ATCs are 2.5" x 3.5" Hurry as time is dwindling .....

"Cooler Days Ahead" is my piece that I have decided send to Susan, in trade for one of her fiber art postcards.


If you want to join this show, start by looking through the postcards/ATCs still available for trade, choose one that interests you -- then follow Susan's directions:
post a message at that postcard or ATC site stating "this is the one you want!" then email Susan directly with your snail mail. She will reply, letting you know you have made contact. Then simply mail your postcard &/or ATC so that she will receive your package in time for the fast approaching show.

Only one of each (postcard or ATC) can be traded, as this allows for a greater diversity of artists in the upcoming show!

1 comment:

custum essay said...

Thanks for the article. Very interesting.