Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Best of Show

The 2010 International Quilt Festival has been and gone, but the memories linger on and I hope to share a few here.... and thought I would start off today with a view of the Best of Show.

Mystique
of Payson, Arizona  USA

Here is Sharon Schamber standing proudly by her gorgeous quilt, Mystique.  The quilt took her four years to finish and it is wonderful!  Sharon is quite an accomplished quilter, as she has one the IQF Best of Show award two times before this year, making this her Third Best of Show award!!!  Congratulations to you, Sharon. 



 A detail view of her quilting -- the thread adds dimension as well as design.  It is no wonder that she is a master quilter!

 Showing her admiring fans a closer view of the unique border edge treatment.

Note:  If I can track them down, I'll add peeks at Sharon's two previous IQF Best of Show....

No comments: