Friday, November 12, 2010

Quilt family....

Every year, when the Quilt Festival rolls into town, quilters unite with their friends and families to enjoy the fabulous show.  Myself, I eagerly look forward to my good friends M.B. Hayes, the creator of Thangles, and her sister Wanda Hayes Eichler, of Graywood Designs, publisher of quilting and knitting patterns.

Here is the 2010 Graywood Designs team, starting with Wanda herself on the left, next to Lori, myself and Danielle.  We kept busy selling both our quilt patterns, knitting patterns and yarn and multiple bolts of Daiwabo and batik fabrics.


Here is Patrick busily demonstrating the easy, efficient technique using Thangles to make half-square diagonal pieces.



Somehow I never snapped a photo of Mary Beth this year, but here she is examining various quilts as she and I wandered in the exhibits before the show's closing on Sunday.

A view of one of the Japanese quilts - sadly, I cannot remember the maker's name ...


Viewing Bohemian Fireworks, by.... hmm, another missing quilter's name.


Examining Fantasy in Lace by Mary Buvia of Greenwood, Indiana.  The battenburg lace is most intriguing!




I always look forward to seeing my friends every year here in Houston during the International Quilt Market and Quilt Festival!  Of course admiring new displays of quilts is fabulous too and I won't even mention the shopping!

No comments: