Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Art in Fiber

Be sure to go to Round Top, Texas this month to see the fabulous annual 

Fiber Art Show now on display at the Copper Shade Tree gallery

 

Art in Fiber 2011 is on display from February 4th through March 13th, 2011.


Photo: Fiber Art created by Suzan Engler

          This year's show features 22 outstanding artists, some are returning favorites while others are first-timers to this event. Ginny Eckley, a renowned fiber artist herself, served as the juror, selecting each of these 22 from the many artists who applied this year.  Ginny's website is http://www.fabricpainting.com/

If you cannot get to Round Top while the show is up, never fear, the Internet is here!... The online show will be available soon on the Copper Shade Tree website  http://www.coppershadetree.com/index.php


          Each year, gallery owners Debbie and Gerald Tobola tweek the application process, making it a fun event.   With a theme of "Interpretation", artists were asked to create a new piece featuring their interpretation into fiber of a 3-d art piece, a poem or a piece of music.  I can hardly wait to see these special pieces!  Perhaps I'll see you there, when I dash to Round Top to feast on some serious fiber art candy for my eyes.


2 comments:

Linda Teddlie Minton said...

See, Cathy, I can find you anywhere! ;^) Thanks for this post, I didn't remember that there would be an on-line show available.
Stay warm!

Winter Wanderings said...

Thanks Linda! Staying warm is tougher than usual lately.... glad I've got extra quilts to cuddle under!