The 7th Annual Empty Bowls Houston
will be held March 19th, 2011 from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
This event is in need of lovely handcrafted bowls to offer the many who turn out to support the Houston Food Bank.
With a $25.00 donation, one receives the handcrafted bowl of their choice, a yummy bowl of soup for lunch (with bread and water), and the goodwill feeling from doing something to help stave off the hunger in our hometown.
While the majority of the bowls are ceramic, all varieties of handcrafted bowls are accepted. I know as I have made fiber art bowls the past three years and am working on new bowls for this year's event.
Click here to find out more details, or contact me as I'll gladly share what I know and encourage you to make another!
For the curious out there, click here to see the first bowl I made for Empty Bowls.





No comments:
Post a Comment