I intended to feature a gorgeous, unique item in this couching sampler, but when I was ready to stitch, I could find nothing.... So I improvised with a simple piece of string. It is a white cotton string that was used once before as a 'stand-in' when I ran out of rubber bands while tie-dyeing t-shirts (that's the backstory of its multi-colored look). I enjoyed the challenge of couching the string onto my fabric, letting the many twists and curls of the string dictate the ultimate curving design.
Take a Stitch Tuesday is an annual challenge hosted by Sharon B from her website Pin Tangle. Click here (for the beginning of the 2012 TAST Challenge). Join in anytime for a year of fun stitching ....or follow the many participants (found in the comment section in each challenge post) to see where our Tuesday Stitchings have taken us....
OR
You can follow me on my blog.
Click TAST to see all of my stitch samplers.
If you enjoy embroidery, or wish to learn more about many stitches (from the history to a step-by-step how-to) be sure to peruse Sharon B's Stitch Dictionary.




No comments:
Post a Comment