Friday, August 3, 2012

Detached Chain Stitch

Continuing to make progress in my "Catch-up-over-the-Summer-Break" challenge, here is the seventh featured stitch from the year-long Take a Stitch Tuesday Challenge being hosted by SharonB (click here for her Pintangle website).  This is the Detached Chain Stitch (click here for the original challenge post).


The Detached Chain Stitch reminds me of the lazy daisy stitch that I learned as a young girl (after researching a bit, I discovered this stitch is listed by both names!)  As I have made many lazy daisy's years ago, for this challenge I am creating a many-petaled flower, reminiscent of the mums worn during Homecoming Football games (yes, I am calling up high school memories!). This flower was fun to stitch - hard to stop stitching, once I began.  Hence my flower kept growing and growing.  But as I recall those football mums did run to extra-large sizes (especially for Homecoming!).




Take a Stitch Tuesday (TAST), is an annual challenge hosted by Sharon B from her website Pin Tangle. Click here (for the beginning of the 2012 TAST Challenge).   Join in anytime for a year of fun stitching ....or follow the many participants (found in the comment section of any featured stitch post) to see where our Tuesday Stitchings have taken us

OR
   
You can follow me on my blog.

Click TAST to see just my stitching posts.


No comments: