Sunday, September 29, 2013

July 18, 2013


I started making this special little quilt many years ago as part of a 'flat round robin' but never quite finished it until this summer.  My nephew and his new bride were getting married and I wanted to make something special for them, and as I was pondering what to do, I had a Eureka moment and was inspired to finish this for Josh and Emily and to do so before their wedding.  And I did!  Here is the finished quilt:

July 18, 2013

This quilt features the classic school house block with a color-wash garden embellished (hiding the color-wash!) with 3-dimensional flowers.  The tree providing shade for the home has 3-d leaves, and the sun is always shining in their world.  Then for added measure - the wedding date has been embroidered in the sunshine and is the name of the quilt (perhaps this anniversary will always be remembered).

Here's a view of the back:
July 18, 2013 quilt back with sleeve and label.

I wish many years of health, happiness, love and joy for my nephew and his beautiful bride!


No comments: