Thursday, November 7, 2013

Market finds

Here are a few of my Market finds.  To think I was only wandering the floor for the last hour of Market, too.

First: I've never noticed this magazine before
Primitive Quilts and Projects magazine has 4 beautiful issues every year.  Each one is filled with 15 or more cute cute cute projects in quilting, rug-hooking and wool embroidery too.  I may have to subscribe to this new magazine soon ... check out their website here: http://www.primitivequiltsandprojects.com/

I've just signed up for their newsletter, and see that they share free projects on the website too.  Naturally they are on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest too (aren't we all?  or almost all?)



The Warm Company had packaged these cute little bundles -- a collection of all their products.  I never knew there were so many options available in batting and all from the same company!
I think I will stitch up a little mini-series and use these little samples for the batting in this new mini-series (that is still percolating in my mind).

Or I may need to try sewing with this warm fleece first...
I wonder how it will work up in a purse or totebag pattern?

The Warm Company also produces Steam-a-Seam and Steam-a-Seam 2.  If you haven't heard, they have hit a bit of a snag is supplying this fabulous product to all of us.  You can read all about it here, or watch for the latest updates on their website:  warmcompany.com


The worst part of Market this year?    Not having my friends from Chicago, IL and Fond du Lac, WI in town to share Market with.

The best part of Market?    Seeing all the quilt exhibits in a pleasant manner (no hordes crowding around each fabulous quilt! but then the winners for the IQA judged show are not announced  until one day after Market closes).


No comments: