In many previous Quilt Festivals I have admired Mary Flanagan's Woolens - from the wonderful colors of her hand-dyed wool fabrics and the great Valdani threads to the fun embroidery patterns and projects. For many years I have resisted the urge to buy - for fear that the purchased goods would only lie dormant with so many other bags and boxes of previous Quilt Festival projects.
This year was different. My eye was first grabbed by some wonderful packets of woolen strips and the lure worked! I was pulled into the booth (not against my will, promise! just had to touch some of these wonderfully rich colors). I started by picking up a woolen charm pack in one hand while grabbing 2 patterns in the other hand! I spent a long time drooling over the wonderful colors and choices as I labored to narrow down my selection......
This is what came home with me that day.
Stay tuned as I am determined to make something (or several somethings) with my purchase. Perhaps I will stitch up this pattern first ...
To order your own Mary Flanagan Woolens (believe me, they are luscious hand-dyed woolens!) check out her website: http://www.mfwoolens.com/




No comments:
Post a Comment