I've thought of making my own cards to share with family and friends for years ... and this year, with the season here (early for me - Chanukah merged with Thanksgiving - a true rarity!), and being without a great family photo to share across the world .... I pulled out some old fabrics and had fun playing ...
This fabric was one I had in my stash, leftovers from a round robin I participated in years ago. One of the quilts in our circle had a Christmas theme. I used Wonder Under (or was it Misty Fuse?) to adhere the fabric Santas to the card fronts. Then I smeared some Elmer's glitter glue to seal the edges down. Inside: "Ho, Ho, Hoping you're having a wonderful holiday" or another similar Ho-Ho-Ho sentiment, along with a personal note and update of annual newsy-ness.
My mitten cards were simpler and used leftover strips of batting and backing fabric from an earlier quilt. I cut mitten shapes first, then stitched them directly onto the card fronts. I added an extra layer or two of the batting on the cuff, as needed. Sentiment: "Warm Wishes for a Wonderful New Year"
Now to ponder whether to come up with a new card design, or try to upscale these a bit - perhaps adding something from Stampin' Up. I must check in with my cousin, Kimberly Myers, one of the Stampin' Up demonstrators. Click here for her story.
Tuesday, December 3, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment