Tuesday, March 4, 2014

a sampler quilt




1-2-13 Cathys quilt photo 1-2-13Cathysquilt.jpg

A bright and sunny quilt that I made from a set of JoAnn's Block of the Month blocks -- I redesigned some of the blocks, set a few on point and created my own setting to get end with a larger quilt.

I love the yellows and teals -- and enjoyed the challenge of thinking through and then stitching my original setting for these nine blocks.  Did you notice that even though it is nine blocks, the quilt is rectangular (a tad longer than it is wide), not square? 

The photo was taken during show-n-tell at one of the QGGH Block Builders Bee meetings.

Lo and behold, months after finishing this quilt, I found another packet of this same Block of the Month!  Maybe I will turn that one into a pillowcase to go along with this quilt.....

No comments: