There is "NewFO" which gives every participant the permission (or is it a dare?) to start a new project each month. Tempting as this group challenge sounds, I have not participated every month. However that changes this month!
For the month of August, 2014, I hereby declare my intent to begin a new project. The one shown below.


I purchased this sweet ABC's of Parenting by Lizzie and Kate at the International Quilt Festival in 2012 (I think it was 2012 - or could it be 2011?). I'd love to display it in my PreSchool classroom as a subtle and friendly lesson to all my wonderful parents (and grandparents) that pass through my classroom. But all projects must be started before they can ever be finished and displayed, so this is the month to begin this one!
Since "A Lovely Year of Finishes" allows many challenges for their ongoing monthly finishing campaign, my goal is to finish at least one full letter (or letter phrase) of the project above this month, though hopefully I will finish even more.... And I am also challenging myself to finish one (or maybe two!) of my long standing red work embroidery projects.
I'm not even sure when I began either of these two projects (shown above). Or where the original patterns may be. I like them both and want to focus some energies on finishing them. They have been my companion during many teacher meetings and inservices the past few years, so I look forward to finding new projects to stitch on during these meetings in the future!
Click here to see me at # 32 in the Goal-Linky-Party for the August Lovely Year of Finishes Challenge.
Check back at the end of the month to see how I've done with my double challenge.





No comments:
Post a Comment