Friday, November 21, 2014

Just a few of my favorite Thangles quilts.

I love seeing my Quilt Family at our annual gathering in Houston for the International Quilt Market and Quilt Festival.  This blog post features a few favorite quilts made with Thangles, created by MB Hayes, who I met at Quilt Market maybe 1,000 years ago.  I plan to start one of these soon ....

I love this Orion Star quilt.  If you are familiar with Thangles, you may recognize this best selling pattern which is always on display in their booth at Quilt Shows and Markets -- but in a cooler color way (purples, blues and greens).  I plan to make it one day, possibly in reproduction prints ....  The project pack is available online (directions and Thangles included!) by clicking here.

I love this StashBuster pattern!  It is very similar to the current 2014 StashBuster pattern that is the free bonus sent out with all online orders placed this year.  Check out the one featured on the website here. Better yet, order a few Thangles via the website (click here) and receive the pattern for free! 

This is a variation of a pattern called "Stash Balls" -- such a fun what to use up your colorful fabric stash!  There are many stash-busting patterns featured on their website gallery (or click here for a quick trip there!)  Thangles are great to use when clearing out your gallery of fabrics with the double bonus of making room for new fabric acquisitions as well as giving you a fabulous new quilt!

This is one of the older designs and possibly one of the first Thangles patterns that I made and have kept.  I made several that were given away - both baby quilts and table runners.   I should get busy and make more as gifts!  There are two new patterns that feature quick-to-sew quilts (great for making and gifting to friends and family).  They are "Dress Your Table" (aptly named for a collection of six small quilts) and "Dress Your Table 2" (hmmm, guess this pattern was created second).

No comments: