Sunday, December 27, 2015

A remodel but did it work?

I have a favorite pink paisley knit shirt that I love and I am not ready to send it to a new home.   When I found a plain brown t-shirt in my husband's wardrobe that coordinates with my paisley ....
I decided to try my hand at re-fashioning a new outfit 
by combining the two together.  

My plan is to cut up the brown t-shirt to create a peplum skirt to sew onto the paisley.  I want to add cuffs to the sleeves as well.  This will add length to both my shirt and its sleeves.  The cuffs will be fashioned from the t-shirt's original sleeves while the peplum will come from the main body of the t-shirt. 

Here is the end result, my new upcycled garment.
 I even salvaged the t-shirt's original chest pocket.  Do you see it?

 My new garment is very comfortable.  I am wearing it as I write this.  
However, my family is not sure I should venture out of the house wearing it .... 
.... perhaps I have a new nightgown?  

What do you think - is it a successful new upcycled wearable or an epic fail?


No comments: