Friday, April 1, 2016

Three .... sort of ...

I have been plugging away on my UFOs to try to finish some from my posted list of 10 for the Finish Along group and for my local groups that are also hosting UFO challenges ... as of today, April 1, I've only finished three so far ....

First up:  I finished my Owl pillow repair and it is now living proudly on my couch ... though I have notice another pillow seems to have a damaged (puppy-chewed?) corner now .... finish one UFO only to discover a new one?  Is that fair???
 poor pillow in need of loving repair ....

to begin, must first remove the mangled face ... 

one happy owl-pillow repair is complete! 
For more about this pillow's beginnings click here or to learn details of its repair, click here.


Second, I've finished one of the Silk Tie pillows, and have prepped most of the ties to slice, dice and stitch up into new pillows.
 I love this classic design (one of my own creations!)
Now I must stitch up several more -- but using square and triangular pieces.
Click here for more about this pillow.


Third, and my favorite of all, I've made four more blocks for the original 12-block Drunkard's Wife QAL and have stitche the 16 blocks into a top!  I hope to piece the back and get my favorite long-armer quilting on it soon-ish.
This is pile shows the first six blocks that I pieced.
Ten more blocks were completed, plus embroidery "Oopsie Daisy" was embroidered to the top block.

 A peek at my title block -- "Oopsie Daisy"

and some of the other blocks

and a full view of Oopsie Daisy
This quilt is PINK! and it is for me, me, ME .... (I think).
Here are some links to some of the blocks (how-to's) that are in this funky quilt:  Click here to learn how to use Thangles to make two of the blocks.  Click here, here and here to see more of these blocks.

This very pink quilt that I am making just for me is the #346 linkie of all the finishes that have been posted for this first quarter of the Finish-Along 2016.  Click here for a link to get you to all the linkies that have been shared.


Three completed UFOs ... out of ten on my official list of UFOs 
for the first quarter of the 2016 Finish Along.  Click here to see my complete list of UFOs.
Now to ponder which to finish next .... and how many other UFOs I should list on the next quarter!

These are such lofty and important decisions.
Hopefully it will get me blogging more regularly too ... could happen...


No comments: