This is "DNA gone wild!"

It is my third completed BJP piece, thus it must be August. As you can probably surmise, I've chosen the postcard size of 4" x 6" for all of my pieces this year.
This BJP piece uses an early attempt at making a beaded bracelet, an effort that I abandoned once I realized I could achieve my bracelet vision easiest by starting anew with different beads on the baseline strand. Since I couldn't toss this out, I thought, hmmm, perhaps I'll use it for a BJP piece ....and lo, all these months later, I finally did!
Early on I knew that I would use the beading in my BJPs as enhancements and embellishments to other designs. I readily claim to be just-a-beginner in the beading world and am truly not confident to try a heavily beaded design ... yet!
Questions: Am I "cheating" by creating a piece from a "foiled attempt" for another beaded project?
Or am I being creative by using the "not-ever-gonna-be-a-bracelet" and giving it a purpose in life as my third BJP?




5 comments:
Resourceful is my take on using the abandoned bracelet!! going "green" might be another term. It is a lovely piece as a bracelet, glad it is no longer languishing in a box/drawer but out in the world to inspire!!! Good going, Cathy..........
Janice
A beautiful use of the bracelet, the piece is just lovely, love the simplicity of the colouring, very sophisticated. What are the metally circle thingies???
Aren't they grand? Those "metally circle thingies" are shank buttons I found recently at Jo-Anns! I must go back to get more ... next time buttons go on sale. I should re-shoot this photo too, as the color is a tad off.
Creative, indeed! I think it's wonderful that you could recycle this bracelet into a neat BJP page.
Kathy V in NM
I think the recycling is just great. Robin's sister-in-law (her name escapes me at the moment) used a retired bracelet in one of her pieces so you are in good company. Breathe easy now and relax- you are not a cheater!
Post a Comment