For the month of February, I have created an arch for Carol R. Inspiration for her arch comes from her theme ideas of fairies & nature. I decided to create a nighttime fairy flying over a garden of dreams. No larger than a butterfly, she's a wise more-that-mature fairy, as evidenced by her graying locks of wild, independent hair! She scatters seeds of inspiration and creativity wherever she flits and flies. This friendly fairy has been christened Esmerelda and her twin sister, Gricelda, appears on my coordinating BJP. Their names make me smile as they remind me of twin seventh grade girls whom I taught eons ago in Los Fresnos, Texas.
Both Esmerelda and Gricelda wear garments of satin, tulle and glittery sequins. Their wings are from butterflies and their hands hold their magic seeds hidden from view as even fairies are allowed secret, deep pockets for their treasures! They fly across moonlit gardens of blooming lapines scattering their beaded seeds everywhere. The moon and stars (former candy wrappers) provide the glimmering light in the deep velvety dark night.Now that I have officially introduced Esmerelda, she will finally fly to her new home in Carol R's garden of blossoming wonders, her studio. Gricelda will remain here in Texas to inspire and motivate me as I continue my work on my March arch (it really is started Alis, promise!) and my April arch (for Lyn -- still but a glimmer) and coordinating BJPs.
FYI: Gricelda is my 5th BJP!




4 comments:
A gray haired fairy. Wonderful. I say that because of my gray hair and because why not! Most fairies seem to be young. I think it's great to see a wiser one. And flying over dreams. Very nice picture story.
Oooooooooooh! E & G are beyond lovely! Whimsical and beautiful at the same time. Not an easy thing to achieve. I am smiling as I imagine, Gricelda taking a little detour over to my island and spreading a little of her magic around our home!
Robin A.
Hi Cathy, Just popped in for a peek at your blog, your work is lovely! I am making archs too for the same group, aren't they fun!Wanted to say thanks for the lovely comments you left on my blog too! :) kiwi carole
Your arch for Carol R is lovely. I'm plesed you made her a grey haired fairy too :)
I have some catching up to do myself this time.
Post a Comment