
I finished this piece faster than all the others that I've worked so far, and it has the most beads on it, too. How is that possible? Perhaps because I merely embellished someone else's artwork. Thank you, Mary Engelbreit! This BJP is made from my last piece of Mary Engelbreit "Queen" fabrics which I had been saving for eons. Such a perfect way to use it. Don't you agree that all Queenly adornments should be sparkly with jewels and beading?
I am also behind (hmm, a familiar tendency of mine) in an ongoing Arch Swap with my friends in Carol Taylor's Textile Challenges Yahoo group. This is "Lyn's Under the Sea" April arch -- soon on its way to a new home in Florida.

"Under the Sea" is my 9th Bead Journal Project, hurray! It is made of the same ingredients listed above in Lyn's arch and was quite fun to put together.
Now I have only 3 more BJPs to finish up for the 2007 BJP year! It looks as if I really might finish all my 2007 pieces before the 2008 BJP begins in September. Hosted by Robin Atkins, this will be another fun adventure with lots of new friends on the horizon just waiting to meet and share their stories! Click here for more information on how to register.




3 comments:
Great pages, Cathy! Are we all not the Queen of Everything? LOL.
Arline
Such fun pages, Cathy! And who could resist using that Mary Englebreit fabric . . .
Kathy V in NM
I love the way you have used this piece of fabric. I must admit I reduced my view to 50% to confirm that it was the way it looked, a fragment, like you see a corner of a postcard and you are desperate to see the rest of it but something is stuck over the rest of it. So interesting, I want to know what else you are hiding :)
Post a Comment