Saturday, March 19, 2011

Shopping at 2011 Empty Bowls



I spent a pleasant morning shopping for a bowl at the 2011 Empty Bowls event, held annually at the Houston Center for Contemporary Craft and Lawndale Art Center.


I wandered through, looking at the  many choices ...


circling through the tables and tables of bowls more than once ....


and still I couldn't decide ... so while pondering further, I looked at everything again!


The good news is, I did finally select one, with the help of my friend Tammy, who volunteers for Empty Bowls every year. 


The money I paid for my bowl ($25.00) goes directly to the Houston Food Bank to feed the local hungry AND it also bought a bowl of soup for my lunch today (creamy corn chowder -- yummy! Thank you Whole Foods Market).  Tammy took a break from volunteering to join me for lunch too.  She had selected a lovely gourd bowl -- gosh, I should have taken pictures of our bowls before they were wrapped up for the journey homeward.

If you missed this year's event, be sure to mark your calendars for next year's Empty Bowls .... date to be announced at some point in the future ...

1 comment:

Winter Wanderings said...

Do you spy my floppy-blue-knit bowl/hat?
I hope it found a new home before Empty Bowls closed today ....

The other fiber bowls (that I delivered) sold within the first two hours of today's event!
Woo-hoo!
Let's hear it for fiber art!!!