In a recent email chat with my friend Jo, she reminded me that her Button Candy quilt (featured in the previous post) started as a single block -- one made in reply to a design challenge we had in our Beyond the Borders (BTB) art quilt group. Nancy Dickey, our leader at the time, had us create something (a drawing or quilt) using buttons. I managed to pencil sketches (which I may post, if I locate that sketch pad).
Jo stitched up her first button candy -- the bag of hard candies. She told me that:
"I had so much fun making the bag of candies that I dived into my button stash, found it wanting, and proceeded to look for "vintage" buttons or newer interesting ones. Now I have collected enough buttons for several projects"
I like her quilt so much, I plan to stitch up my own version of Button Candy.
Sunday, October 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment