Thursday, December 15, 2011

Blue Vase

I realized that I have never posted photos of the first delightful quilt that I received through Kate North's Another Little Quilt Swap #4 (ALQS).  Click here to learn more about the ALQS swaps and click here to see my post about my quilt Big Foot, framed!, that I offered up for trade.  But enough about these details as this blog post is featuring the quilt I received!  Tell me what you think of this little detail view ....



This sweet quilt originally  came to life  in Victoria, Australia.  Sue McBratney is the quilter who pieced, stitched, embellished and quilted this little quilt which I adore.  Here is the full view:

Blue Vase
Thank you Sue, for swapping such a lovely quilt!  
I love the pieced neutral background as it adds such texture and interest without distracting from the focal point of the blue vase filled with flowers.  I love the embroidery details that enhance each flower's center (and how you covered the threads on the backside of the quilt with little circle appliques).

Sue, I am thrilled to be the owner of your art!

1 comment:

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Hi Cathy. I came over from BJP 2012 to meet you. You have a beautiful blog full of eye candy. You've done some gorgeous quilts! I see we will joining forces in TAST as well as the BJP beginning in January. So nice to meet you!