Thursday, December 8, 2011

Zinnia

 I love love love my new quilt! 

I received this lovely blossom through the Another Little Quilt Swap #6 (ALQS6), hosted by my internet friend, Kate North.  My quilt, Zinnia, was created by Nickels Pickles (aka Nicole), who lives across the ocean from me (in Germany).

Click here to read Nicole's blog posting about making Zinnia which measures approximately 19" square.
(perhaps you recognize the border print - it's a Kaffe Fassett fabric)

 Here is a view of the back --the dark triangles are the hanging loops, in lieu of a sleeve.
Don't you enjoy getting to see the quilting from the back too?  Zinnia smiles on either side, front or back.

This is a great swap, Another Little Quilt Swap, too.   Anyone can sign up with no fear of failing to finish their swap quilt .... because Kate North, our fabulous hostess, will only swap the quilts that have been finished with two digital photos sent to her via email.  You can sign up, then life interrupts your progress on your quilt-to-swap, and that's OK, no one is let down (but you won't be eligible to swap).
If intrigued, join me when I sign up for ALQS #7 later in 2012 (or email me with questions).

1 comment:

Nickels said...

I'm so happy, that you like the quilt! Thank you very much for your wonderfull posting.
Hugs Nicole