Tuesday, September 9, 2014

My discovery at Quilts, Inc.

I have a new part-time job .... working at Quilts, Inc. headquarters as we prepare for the many shows they pull together.  I began this summer working with quilts and knit garments for the new Quilt-Knit-Stitch show in Portland, Oregon - receiving, inspecting, packing for the exhibit and later, packing to return after the show.  The offices are lovely, with an ever changing exhibit of quilts hanging up in the halls of the office.

Imagine my surprise to discover among the quilts (new and antique) that are on display, there is also a collection of fiber art postcards.  I was drawn in particular to this frame featuring nine postcards.

Can you see why?

Look carefully, 
especially focus on the far left card in the middle row....


"Untitled" by C. Winter
It's my card!

How cool is it to discover that something I made is in a collection owned by Karey Bresenhan?!!!  I am so tickled and thrilled and love checking to see if it is still on display every time I come to work.  I work barely once a week and I am loving it!  This week, I worked on editing various components of the International Quilt Festival coming up at the end of October.  It is a fascinating place to work!

If you are coming to this year's Festival, ponder volunteering as a Quilt Angel -- it is how I got my start with the show that eventually led to this part-time job!  Click here for more info.

1 comment:

Jane Holbrook said...

How exciting to see your work on display by the hand of another! It is an honor. I love the simplicity of the little flower. Your writing is professional and interesting. I am drawn in to your world and so delighted that I discovered your blog. I look forward to reading back over your archive and getting acquainted. Life is so serendipitous, as we follow our hearts, avenues open before us and all sorts of new adventures await!