Thursday, September 4, 2014

My goal for September

In "A Lovely Year of Finishes", everyone is invited to set a goal for the month and declare it, with a link to the linky party on either of these blogs: Fiber of All Sorts by Shanna or Sew BitterSweet Designs by Melissa.  I have always wanted to "gift" the new babies I know (whether or not they are family or friends) with a new baby quilt.

So this month I plan to complete a quilt using these lovely ABC fabrics which I found at Quilt 'n Sew, a favorite quilt shop stop in Katy, Texas.   I have started it already ....


The fabric is actually designed to be a cute cloth book for young ones and features the letters of the alphabet and some wonderful illustrations much in the line of Kate Greenway and other classic Caldecott illustrators.  I have cut apart each of the book's pages and am sashing them with coordinating fabrics.  This may be the first quilt I have made using fabrics all from one line!  (wow, I can't believe it, but I do think it might be true).  This is my goal for September ... (see my linky #52 here).

Also this month I must make a block - or rather embellish a plain square of fabric - that will be used as a small part of a wedding chuppah for dear friends.


I am still toying with possible ideas and trying to determine color schemes, etc.  Doesn't this plain  white block appear ready for embellishment and design (but first a fresh press by an iron!).  

This project has a definitive deadline (possibly yesterday?).  Yikes, I'd better get busy fast! 

No comments: