Friday, December 26, 2014

A room with a view

I love to travel.
I love to stay in hotels too.
Best of all, I love to stay in a hotel room with a fabulous view!


like this one ...

isn't this lovely?


same window, looking to the far left.


and again, looking straight forward.

I'm so very pleased that I thought to take these photos as soon as we checked in, as the light is luscious.  It is heading toward sunset, but not late enough for the bats to fly out from under the Congress Street Bridge.  Years ago the State Capitol and the UT Tower would be easy to see -- long before high rises were allowed to be taller than these two landmarks of Austin, Texas.  Of course, I am looking out from the fifth floor of a building that didn't exist back then!

The other great treat of taking these photos upon arrival, is that a cold front blew in after sunset.  The window were covered with condensation in the morning and remained so for the rest of our stay.

But isn't this a lovely view?  Ladybird Lake with the Congress Bridge to the right and downtown Austin as it looks today, December 26, 2014.

I confess -- I do love a room with a view!



PS  Hint:  Always ask for a room with a view when you are checking in, or better still, ask when you place your reservation.

No comments: