Sunday, December 7, 2014

New finishes to tackle

It is a new month and time to decide what to tackle in my ongoing "A Lovely Year of Finishes" challenge.  I have so many projects that are just waiting to be finished that it is difficult to select just one to be the focus of finishing this month.  Perhaps because I know I will be distracted and stray from my challenge to work on other quilts.  I am learning that I love most to bounce from one project to another (might this must be the key to why I finish so few items? ... perhaps .... sigh).  

But I've finally made the decision for this month - at last!

This lovely quilt is the one that won the race and is my December focus to finish in "A Lovely Year of Finishes" challenge.

I aim to bind this lovely Bargello Batik quilt made by another and quilted by my friend Pam Biswas.  I will add a binding to this quilt, and possibly bind a sister bargello quilt too this month.  Be sure to check out Pam's website at http://www.pamquiltaholic.com/ as she's pretty awesome.


Here is a peek at my ongoing counted cross-stitch project.  It has been awhile since I've revealed where I am with it ... and I am plugging along ever steadily yet somewhat slowly.  Perhaps one day it will be upgraded to be my selection for the A Lovely Year of Finishes challenge - but not this month!

Two little peeks at my ongoing work -- come back to see how I fare with both ...

Also, be sure to join me and many more who are actively working to finish projects with the yearlong challenge called A Lovely Year of Finishes.  I have stated my goal and am linky #58 on the December Goal Linky Party page. Check it out here and feel free to join us. 

I'm excited -- this is my seventh month to post and link my goals in this yearlong challenge.  Here's a list of months with my linky numbers on the matching Goal Setting pages.
February - goal linky # 148
July - goal linky # 105
August - goal linky # 32
September - goal linky # 52
October - goal linky # 25
November - goal linky # 38
December  - goal linky # 58

No comments: