Here is pillow number one. It uses six ties that have been appliqued onto a shirt and is an original design that I came up with while playing with the pretty silk ties. This may be a fun project!
The back of the pillow is made from the shirt's button front. The buttons open to reveal the custom made pillow form inside. The pillow measures approximately 12" by 18" in size.
As seen in this detail view, I quilted the front and back pieces of the pillow to add to its longevity.
This pillow is my first completion in the 2016 finish-along challenge. Click here to read more about the finish-along challenge where you will see my full list of 10 projects I hope to complete by March 2016 as well as links to more details about this challenge. I do excel at beginning projects, but this year I plan to finish many too.
My first silk tie pillow is entry #344 of the many finishes that have been posted for the first Quarter of the official Finish Along. Click here to see the many links.
Time to dream up the next pillow ....







No comments:
Post a Comment