Thursday, February 4, 2016

Oops, my progress report...

Ive been stitching away and posting photos on Instagram, but need to catch my blog readers up on where I am with my Drunkard's Wife QAL.





block #4 - Mint Julep
Here is block #4 Mint Julep of the quilt-along.  This is an "oops" of the classic Ohio Star.  My block looks to me as if it is standing up on its tippy toes.  The center pink daisies are from Patty's line "Emma's Garden" with Michael Miller fabrics.com.  Click here for the directions to make this block from the Generations Quilt Patterns website.  They have directions for several quilt blocks, so it's a great site to know about and have bookmarked.

block #6 - Mai Tai
This is the sixth block in the "Drunkard's Wife QAL", nicknamed Mai Tai.  It is a spoof or oops of the traditioal Mosaic or Connecticut block.  Or perhaps you know another name for the traditional version of this block (if so, please tell me too what it is).  I used 3" Thangles to make this block. Emma's Garden 'Happy Go Luck' Pink Daisies make a large part of this block.  This print brings back memories of my younger days, and the simple joys of plucking petals from a daisy "he loves me, he loves me not....".  Daisies also remind me of the sweet little saying "oopsie daisy" or is it "whoopsie daisy"?  (I think I have just named my quilt!).

block #10 -- Sake Bomb
The tenth block is called Sake Bomb.  This one is also a fun goof (or oops), and I am not positive what the name of the traditional version is called.  Could it be Rolling Stone or Wheel or Single Wedding Ring or is it possibly named something different.  I was pleasantly surprised at how simple it was to piece too.  Click here for Felice's directions.  Directions for all of the blocks of this funky quilt-along are on Felice's website, click here for the full set (Drunkard's Wife QAL label).  Felice has posts other tutorials and insights and great stuff as well as this fun quilt along.  Her website is Sew Scattered.  Stay tuned as I continue to stitch up more of my blocks for this quilt along.

No comments: