Thursday, August 14, 2008

UFO Olympics

I've decided to join Lynn Krawczyk and participate in the U.F.O. (Un-Finished Objects) Olympics while watching the numerous Olympic events with my boys.

Here are the basic rules for the UFO Olympics as originally devised by Lynn (with additional comments from me):
1) The project must already be started. It does not matter if it is half done or just started. Just not something new. (note from Cathy: Lucky me, I've endless possibilities to choose from!)

2) The size and scope of the project does not matter. It can be as simple as finishing knitting a pair of socks or completing the quilting for a large quilt. Quantity of projects completed does not matter, just shoot for finishing at least ONE thing. (Since I don't knit, I will not be finishing any socks ... yet!)


3) You must finish one thing before moving on to another U.F.O. Again, the whole goal is completion, completion, completion. Flitting about with fiber art ADD will not get you anything. (This may be the toughest rule to stick too, which makes it the easiest one to break?)


Won't you join us in UFO-Olympics?
Drag out those projects! Finish them up! Clean off the work table in your studio! Wipe the slate clean!
The glee of finishing one or more UFOs will surely match that of the Olympic competitors earning their gold, silver and bronze medals!

Ready? Set? GO!!!

I am starting with my Breaking Traditions piece -- after all, that deadline is fast approaching!

2 comments:

KV said...

This post is too funny, Cathy, since I am sitting here watching the Olympics sewing together all the afghan squares I have crocheted so far this year! If I get just one afghan completed during these games, I will be thrilled!


Kathy V in NM

The bad Liz said...

What a good idea!!! I might have to look into this...