Saturday, August 9, 2008

My wander in Wimberley

Have you ever wandered through a small town to discover a great little shop full of eye candy? Such was my delight today, thanks to my good friend, Susan Agee. On our way to the quilt shop in Wimberley, we popped into the Old Oaks Ranch -- a small fiber art mecca just outside of town. I do not exaggerate. This small yarn shop and fiber art studio is filled to the brim with luscious yarns (some spun from their own alpacas), as well as supplies for the entire gamut of fiber art explorations.

Beyond the yarn, the looms and all the fiber art supplies, the Old Oaks Ranch also has alpacas and a wonderful Sculpture Garden, with a new water feature currently under construction. Unfortunately you must wait for photos until I find my gizmo to download the few shots I took. ..... more to come .... promise.

Oh, about the quilt shop, 'Cella's Fabric Shoppe ... it was closed today (rats!). I guess even quilt shop owners deserve a little vacation now and then. Not to worry, I will be back in Wimberley one day and promise to visit Cella's then.

No comments: