Sunday, November 30, 2008

Ocean View arch

Today is the end of the Amnesty for our Textile Challenges group and I've had some success at completing several ongoing late projects. Here is my October arch for Judy B who requested "trees, leaves, oceans ..." which I chose to combine into one piece named "Ocean View."

The ocean is made with many colors of blue tulles, catching colorful foil candy wrappers underneath; the sky is a commercial cotton (rather sunset-looking, I thought); the beach and the palm tree are three upholstery scraps; and the palm leaves are blend of a shiny metallic green fabric with two shades of green tulle.


For the back, I selected this multi-colored Hawaiian print because I thought Judy would enjoy the colorful blossoms and leaves on it.


One more overdue project is my Spider Web ATC -- soon to be winging its way to a new home with Annette in the UK.


All this frenzy of work and I am not totally caught up. How can that be? My remaining list of "Must Do's" includes:
1) to mail the five completed amnesty projects tomorrow (as I type this, only two are packaged and ready to go).
2) to finish my September arch for Kate (while it is coming along, it is demanding a few more bead embellishments now) .... and it needs name ... and last of all, I must decide what to use for its back and finish it!
3) to design, create, complete and mail my last two arches for our yearlong swap: November for Hannah and December for Gillian.

I feel that I have made some great strides in the right direction .... Thank-you for your patience, everyone! And thank you Carol T for the Amnesty protection, as it was the perfect "kick in the tush" that I needed!

No comments: