
Congratulations to Sharon Schamber for Spirit Of Mother Earth. Her exceptional quilt is the Winner of the Handi Quilter® Best Of Show Award at the 2009 International Quilt Festival. Sharon is seen above standing with her quilt and answering questions asked by admirerers. If you wish to learn more about Sharon and her artwork, click here.
Another winning quilter is Rita Steffenson who won The Fairfield Master Award for Contemporary Artistry for her quilt, Twilight. Here she is greeting admirers and answering questions.
To see more of Rita's lovely artwork, click here.There were many Japanese quilters exhibiting their quilts in Houston this year. One of my favorites is this one, also a big prize winner. (stay tuned, as I need to re-futz with my photo for better clarity).
The Three Sisters are totally enjoying the spotlight as they laugh with everyone stopping to gaze on their lovely quilt.
Gail Thomas, Annette M. Hendricks, and Helen Godden's winning quilt Seasonal Sisters won the IQF World Of Beauty Award, sponsored by TheQuiltShow.com
To learn more about these three light-spirited friends and their award-winning quilt, click here.
I do occasionally take the standard "stand in front and smile" quilt-&-quilter photos, as seen below. But I think I prefer the candid laughter captured above better. Don't you?

From left to right, these three quilting sisters are Helen Godden from Canberra, ACT, Australia, Annette M. Hendricks from Chicago, Illinois, USA, and Gail Thomas from Vernon, British Columbia, Canada.




No comments:
Post a Comment