Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Change...

What a momentous day ... one marked with pomp and circumstance, tradition and protocol, dignitaries and common folk all gathered together either collectively on the Mall in D.C. or individually at work or home, near a computer, television or radio ... across the nation ... and around the world ... all are eager to witness change arriving as

Barack Obama is sworn in as
the 44th President of the United States of America.


Wow! Oh to be there today, in Washington D.C. ... (a photo from Geralyn Smitherman who is!)

Yet, I am thankful to be in the comfort of my own warm home watching this piece of history via cable television. I am so excited for the changes that will come under the leadership of our new President. Perhaps it is time to make a new Presidential quilt?


Here are two views of the only political quilt I have made to date ... can you guess how old it is?



I made this about 7 or 8 years ago.

2 comments:

Linda Teddlie Minton said...

Wow, Cathy, I'm impressed that you made this quilt 7 or 8 years ago ... you were already heading in an artistic direction even back then! How did you create the faces ... colored pencil?

Deborah OHare said...

Hi Cathy
Found your link through Textile Challenge Group. Now I know who you are let me thank you for the kind comments you left me on my new blog.
Can I just say that my family and I were also glued to the T.V. last Tuesday and we are feeling the excitment over here as well.