Friday, January 2, 2009

My 2009 words

After much pondering & deciding (sometimes I don't really like being "the Decider"), I have selected two words for my focus in the new year of 2009.

My first word is Discipline.
I need more self-discipline in many areas -- and perhaps then my life will run smoother? (one can always hope!). This includes making the time to exercise regularly, cook healthier meals for my family, finding more time to spend in my studio creating art and quilts, and maintaining so very much more ...

My second is Release.
I need to focus on releasing my clutter and my treasures out of my small home. This means that I will be moving many items out of my home, to new locations such as shows & galleries OR Goodwill & the SPCA (they love old towels and linens there!) This will take concentrated discipline and much effort on my part as I am a natural pack-rat, hoarder, and scavenger of all things.

As I work toward accomplishing the many layers and facets of these resolutions, I hope to achieve a less scattered self with a stronger sense of peaceful sanity, while still maintaining my busy life as Mom, Wife, part-time School Employee, Volunteer in many groups and activities, and Quilter/Fiber Artist. whew -- should be a fun time!



The future belongs to
Those who believe in the
beauty of their dreams.

~ Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments: