Greetings from Austin! I wanted to show the fun pine tree mantle runner that I made several years ago. I travel to Austin every season to see how my stepmom has displayed it in the new year. Sometimes it has her Christmas village arranged on top, but this year thers is the lovely red poinsetta-lights, and some of her angels dancing across it.
If you travel to Austin, Texas before January 3, 2010 -- be sure to visit the Legacy of Quilts exhibit, featuring antique quilts and more in the Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum, near the State Capitol. It is Fabulous!!!! Amazing that it is only a small piece of the Joyce Gross quilt collection that was acquired by the University of Texas (click here for more on the acquisition) which contains over 170 quilts.
Click here for my earlier post about this exhibit.
Better still, take $7.00 and hurry over to this museum before Jan. 3rd!
This is a Must-See Exhibit for all lovers of textiles and antique quilts.
Happy Holidays Everyone!




No comments:
Post a Comment