I'm busy practicing my knitting skills -- but I have difficulty remembering the order of knits and pearls when doing a simple pattern. How will I ever master doing cables or other fancy knit designs? Fret not, just keep practicing....
Rather than knitting more scarves for everyone I know, I'm now knitting 8" squares. They will be pieced together into larger patchwork knit blankets and given to SEARCH Homeless Services here in Houston. Eventually my simple practice squares will help warm someone struggling to get back on their feet. Think I'll get prettier yarns for my next batch of knit squares ....
SEARCH Homeless Services works to engage, stabilize, educate, employ and house individuals and
families who are homeless. Our essential services are highly effective
in transforming lives because we meet individuals where they are and
provide what they need to get off the streets and back on their feet.
Learn how you can help by looking at the SEARCH website at http://www.searchhomeless.org/
Or start by knitting some 8" squares ....
Thursday, November 8, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment